Our Pledge to you
- We believe in the importance of privacy.
- We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
- We require some basic information to create an account. Information you are comfortable sharing such as social links, your email and your phone number.
- We do not keep track of your locations.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- Through the Services directly;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Company;
- Through mobile and desktop applications which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Services;
- When we provide you technical support through any means including but not limited to phone support, email support, or the Services;
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to the Services.
This policy does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other websites operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Services.
In order for certain features of the Services to work, we need to know your location. Whenever you open, use, or interact with the Services, we may use the location information, including as derived from your mobile device or browser (e.g., latitude and longitude), to tailor the Services experience to your current location (e.g., we’ll use your location in order to generate or enhance your connections with other posters or users of the Services, to enable you to identify and selectively sync your profile with other users of the Services who are in close proximity, or to identify and remember the locations where you met a particular contact). We may use your mobile device’s ‘background location’ (formerly known as ‘Radar’) to provide certain features of the Services that are based upon your current or some other preferred location.
Our Services are not intended for children under the applicable Minimum Age (as defined below). No one under the applicable Minimum Age may provide any information to the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the applicable Minimum Age. If you are under the applicable Minimum Age, do not use or provide any information through the Services or on or through any of its features, register on the Services, make any purchases through the Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the website or provide any information about yourself to Us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the applicable Minimum Age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the applicable Minimum Age, please contact Us (see below under “Contact Information”).
“Minimum Age” means: (a) 18 years old for the People’s Republic of China, (b) 16 years old for the Netherlands, (c) 14 years old for the United States, Canada, Germany, Spain, Australia and South Korea, and (d) 13 years old for all other countries. However, if law requires that you must be older in order for LaunchVector Identity,Inc. to lawfully make the Services available to you (including the collection, storage and use of your information) then the Minimum Age is such older age. In all cases the Services are not for use by anyone under the age of 13.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as your image/likeness, name, postal addresses, employer name, work address, professional title, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, social media handle, screen name or user name you may use (“personal information“);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to Us; or
- Automatically as you use the Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, device information, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, radio frequency, visual and/or audio identifiers and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms through our Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Services, subscribing to our Services, specifying Service preferences, posting comments or other material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Services.
- Connection information that you provide Us about 3rd party individuals and your relationship to those individuals.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact Us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries through the Services.
You may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the website, or transmitted to other users of the Services or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on our website and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
You may use our address book or “contacts” importer (or other similar features) to upload your address book into the Services, or to sync your contact information with the information of other Service users. We store this information (including phone numbers) and use it to help you manage and leverage your contacts in connection with the Services. We also use this information to enhance your experience with our Services by helping you to grow your network.
Please note that when you sync or share your contact information with other users of our Services, that person may have access to your email address, telephone number, or other personal information. Your connections may also have access to your image/likeness, name, postal addresses, employer name, work address, professional title, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, social media handles, screen names or user names or other contact information you enter into the Service(s) for sharing. We make other tools available to sync information with our Services, and may also develop additional features that allow users of our Services to use their account in conjunction with other third-party services.
We may also employ, offer, or implement software tools that allow you to see public information about the people you email or meet with. This is in an attempt to leverage our Services to help you gain insights from and grow your network.
Why we ask you to allow access to your contacts:
-To automatically update your phonebook with the picture, email and social links of any of your existing contacts who are Hey-Hello members.
-Alert you when your existing contacts join Hey-Hello.
-Display your contacts in the App to invite and exchange smart contacts to replace old name / phone number.
- For your privacy, we will never share your contacts with others or recommend to others to connect with.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access while using our Services.
- Information about your computer, mobile device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Please contact Us (see below under “Contact Information”) for information on how and to what extent that you can opt out of behavioral tracking on our Services, as well as for information on how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking. Please note that we may utilize external tracking systems from third party providers, some of which may not allow users the ability to opt out of the service.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information; however, we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This information helps Us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling Us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing Us to customize your experiences with the Services according to your individual interests and desires.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Services.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website may or may in the future use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We may tie non-personal statistical information that we collect to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to Us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to Us, including any personal information:
- To present our Services and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from Us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. However, you may opt out of receiving these communications at any time by following the instructions below.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable Us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as for purposes of fraud investigations, bill collection, invoicing, affiliate and rewards programs, and credit card processing).
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets or equity securities, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by Us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Us or our affiliates, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We communicate with you through email, notices posted on the website, messages to your inbox, and other means available through the Services, including mobile text messages and push notifications. Examples of these communications include: (a) welcome and engagement communications; (b) service and functionality communications; and (c) promotional notices. We track the open rate of your communications as part of our internal benchmarking.
Many communications that you initiate through the Services (for example, an invitation sent to another user) will list your image/likeness, name and preferred communication channels in the header of the message. Messages you initiate may also provide the recipient with aggregate information about your network (for example, how many people are in your network). The personal information that you provide to Us may reveal or allow others to identify aspects of your life that are not expressly stated on your profile (for example, your picture or your name may reveal your age or gender). Once you have connected with an individual, regardless of who sent the invitation, your contact information will be shared with that individual, and maintained unless you explicitly sever that connection with that individual through the Services.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to Us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or related products or services, you can opt-out by using the controls in the Services. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send Us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want Us to use information that we collect or that you provide to Us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out through the Give Feedback in Settings.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Services and visiting your account profile page, if any or your Contact Cards. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or write us at: PO Box 1435, Los Gatos CA 95031.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. If you ever use your credit card in connection with purchasing goods or services from the Services, your credit card information will be protected through the use of encryption technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that our Services are hosted on our computer servers in the United States. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of the Services or your submission of any personal information to Us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your personal information outside of your home country, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country.
PO Box 1435
Los Gatos, CA 95031